How Does Abortion Pill MTP Kit Works?
It is one of the most popular methods of contraception available today. The kit contains two drugs, mifepristone, and misoprostol, used to terminate pregnancies.
The progesterone in this works by inhibiting ovulation. When you take this, progesterone prevents your body from releasing an egg. Without progesterone, the lining of the uterus breaks down, and the pregnancy is expelled. It means that there is no egg available for fertilization.
It also thickens the cervical mucus. As a result, sperm have a tough time reaching the egg. Even if an egg is present, it is less likely to be fertilized if the cervical mucus is thick. It has a greater than 98% success rate in preventing pregnancy. Less than 1% of women who use these pills will become pregnant. It is a very effective birth control method.
If you’re looking for a birth control method that is more than 99% effective, it can be a good option for you.
What Are the Uses of Abortion Pill MTP Kit?
The abortion pill MTP kit is an abortion pill. Using the Kit for medical abortion is a non-surgical and medical way to terminate an early pregnancy of up to 9 weeks (63 days).
It is a combination of two FDA (Food and Drug Administration) approved pills, Mifepristone, and Misoprostol, taken sequentially to end a pregnancy.
The kit contains two different types of pills- mifepristone and misoprostol. These pills are to be taken in a specific order and time gap for the abortion to be successful.
The first pill that is to be taken from the kit is mifepristone. This pill is to be taken orally with water. Once this pill is consumed, it works by blocking the hormone progesterone. Progesterone is responsible for sustaining a pregnancy. Without this hormone, the uterine lining begins to break down, and the pregnancy cannot continue.
After taking mifepristone, you need to wait for 24 to 48 hours. During this time, you must be sure that you are not pregnant anymore. You can confirm the same by getting a pregnancy test done.
After the critical period, you must take the second pill from the kit, misoprostol. This pill is to be taken either orally or vaginally at your convenience. This pill works by causing contractions in the uterus and expels the pregnancy tissue.
You can buy MTP online, and It is generally advised to take both pills under the supervision of a healthcare provider. It is because taking both drugs alone can be a bit complicated. Also, in case of any complications, the healthcare provider can address them immediately. MTP kit prices are affordable if you’re looking to buy a cheap MTP kit online.
The dosage of these tablets that are to be taken may vary from person to person. The healthcare provider will be able to guide you regarding the same based on your specific case. Generally, it is seen that these pills are quite effective in getting an abortion done.
However, in some cases, the abortion may not be successful. In such cases, additional doses of misoprostol may be required.
Significant Advisory Before Using the Kit
Tell your doctor these things prior before using it:
- If you have a medicine or Mifepristone allergy.
- If a bleeding condition affects you.
- If you suffer tren cycle for women from liver or renal problems.
- If you have diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.
- If your blood pressure is out of control.
- If you’ve already experienced a heart attack, stroke, etc.
- If your anemia is severe.
- If you have a hereditary skin condition.
Side Effects Using the Drug
The following are typical side effects while using an MTP kit for medical abortion:
- Cold sweats or hot flushes
- Pelvic pain
- Extreme menstrual bleeding
Contact your doctor right away if you soak two or more sanitary pads in less than two hours or if you continue to have any adverse effects.
Interactions with Various Substances
It is known that several medications interact with it for medical abortion and change how it functions. Inform your doctor if you use any herbal, over-the-counter, recreational, or other medicines.
- Antibiotics such as erythromycin
- Antifungals such as ketoconazole
- Corticosteroids such as dexamethasone
- Inhibitors of the HIV protease, such as indinavir and ritonavir
Drug Interaction with Alcohol
Drinking alcohol might make adverse effects more likely. Using abortion pill MTP kit medication with alcohol is not advised.
Its original packaging should be used for secure storage.
- Keep the medication out of the sun, dampness, and extreme heat.
- Keep the medicine out of children’s reach.
- The leftover tablets should be kept in an airtight container after the pack has been opened.
- After the medication’s expiration date, do not take it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Is MTP Kit for Abortion?
It is a medical kit used for abortion. It is a safe and effective way to end a pregnancy. The kit contains two pills: mifepristone and misoprostol. These two pills can be used for up to 9 weeks of pregnancy for abortion.
Is It Safe to Use Mtp Kit for Medical Abortion?
MTP kit for medical abortion is a highly effective and safe way to terminate an early pregnancy. It is an FDA-approved medication that has been used by millions of women worldwide with great success.
How Effective Is the Medical Abortion Kit?
It is typically 96-98% effective when used as directed. For every 100 women who use it 96-98 will have a successful abortion. It is most effective when used within the first eight weeks of pregnancy.
How to Take the Doses?
To take the medication, you will need to take two pills of mifepristone 200 mg each, followed by four tablets of misoprostol 200 mcg each, vaginally or buccally (between the cheek and gum). The mifepristone will help to soften and open the cervix, and the misoprostol will help to expel the pregnancy tissue.
What Are the Side Effects of Using an Abortion Kit?
The most common side effects are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and abdominal pain. Typically, these side effects are minor and go away on their own. However, more serious side effects can occur. These include heavy bleeding, severe cramping, and infection. If you encounter any of these adverse effects, please get in touch with emergency services right once.
When Should You Avoid Using the Kit?
The abortion pill is a safe method of ending a pregnancy in the first 12 weeks, but it isn’t always the best choice. As a result, if you have any of the following, you should avoid taking the medication:
- An ectopic pregnancy has been placed outside the uterus and has to be treated by a doctor.
- Liver or chronic adrenal dysfunction
- HIV-positive — If you are HIV-positive, having an abortion may increase your chance of contracting the virus. As a result, you should consult your doctor and take antibiotics simultaneously as the abortion pill.
- A sexually transmitted infection, or STI, such as gonorrhea, should be treated by a physician.
- Before using the abortion pill, you should have an intrauterine device (IUD) removed.
- Possess the genetic illness porphyria, which impairs the blood’s capacity to deliver oxygen to tissues and organs.
How to Confirm Abortion?
There are many ways to confirm an abortion has occurred. The most common way is to have an ultrasound to check for the presence of a fetus. Other methods include a blood test to check for human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) presence or a pelvic exam.
You should speak to your doctor if you have any questions or concerns about confirming an abortion. They will be able to give you the information and support you need.
What Are the Essential Safety Precautions You Must Take After an Abortion?
It’s normal to question if things will turn out well. There is nothing to be concerned about; however, a few things to watch out for following your abortion.
Signs of probable difficulties include:
- A fever that is over 101 °F and lasts longer than 24 hours.
- Two or more pads are soaked every hour over two hours due to heavy bleeding that won’t stop.
- Vomiting, diarrhea, or nausea that lasts longer than 24 hours.
- Foul-smelling vaginal discharge.
- Severe discomfort or cramping that is resistant to treatment.
- Pregnancy symptoms persist after 2-4 weeks.
Immediately contact your physician if you experience any of these. These symptoms could point to the need for extra care.
Is There a Distinction Between the Pill and Medical Abortion?
There are several names used to market the abortion pill kit. The abortion pill, on the other hand, is the same thing as medical abortion and medicated abortion.