How Does Motilium 10 mg Work?
Domperidone tablet 10mg is used to treat gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), a disorder in which stomach contents rise into the oesophagus. Domperidone’s most common side effects include dizziness, nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhoea, and headaches.
More severe side effects can include seizures and muscle weakness. The most common Motilium side effect of Motilium is nausea, which occurs in roughly 15% of patients.
Bloating, pain, nausea, and feelings of fullness can all result from any stomach discomfort, especially in the upper portion. Motilium aids food digestion by promoting bowel movement in the upper intestinal system. As a result, it helps the consumer feel less indigestion-related discomfort.
This medication works by relaxing muscles in the oesophagus, stomach and intestines. This allows food to flow smoothly through the digestive system and to travel to the small intestine faster and more efficiently. By doing so, the medicine helps the consumer feel less bloated and less nauseated.
What Are the Motilium 10 mg Uses?
Motilium 10 mg reviews state a new study of the effect of 10 mg of Motilium oral solution on children. This is because the dose of this medicine should not exceed 10 mg. It treats gastrointestinal disorders such as colic, gastroesophageal reflux, and irritable bowel syndrome in infants and children. It is not intended to treat nausea and vomiting. The medication is a prokinetic agent.
The primary purpose of Motilium 10 mg is to relieve indigestion signs and symptoms. The symptoms that Motilium can cure and the dosage information are listed below:
- Treatment of nausea.
- Reduces vomiting.
- Increases movement of food through the stomach.
- Relieves bloating and discomfort.
What Are the Recommended Motilium Domperidone 10mg Dosages?
No more than 30 mg of Motilium oral pills should be used daily. Adults have often been prescribed three 10 mg tablets each day. Preferably, they should be taken an hour before a meal. The doctor may change the dosage depending on your unique situation and how you react to the medication. Also, let your doctor know if you are taking other medicines, as this could affect your dosage.
Long-term or excessive Motilium use may result in the following:
- Heart attack
- Lack of movement control
- Drowsiness and confusion
- Heart palpitations or irregular heartbeat
Side Effects, Warnings & Precautions of Motilium 10 Mg?
A list of potential adverse effects is provided with every prescription. There is no guarantee that anyone will experience these negative effects, though. The side effects are often minor and infrequent. Keep your composure and seek medical advice as soon as possible if you experience any of the aforementioned adverse effects.
Several Motilium side effects include:
- Diarrhoea and dehydration if enough fluids are not consumed
- Difficulty sleeping
- Nervousness or anxiety
- Irritable feelings
- Feelings of drowsiness or sleepiness
- Seizures or fits
- Excessive thirst
- Nausea and fluctuations in appetite
- Itchiness or rash
If the patient is nursing, talk to a doctor about whether to keep taking the drug. According to studies, Motilium cannot be transmitted through breast milk and is, therefore, safe to use while nursing. However, it is advised that any plans to breastfeed be shared with a healthcare professional.
Significant Advisory About Motilium 10 mg Uses:
Before utilising Motilium, a few precautions need to be performed. When the following situations occur, use caution:
- It is advisable to avoid driving or engaging in any intense activity after taking Motilium because the medication may cause you to lose awareness of your surroundings or perhaps make you feel dizzy.
- When using Motilium, patients with kidney conditions need to take extra precautions. Any time the medication dosage is changed, speak with your doctor.
- Before using this medication, patients with liver problems must visit their doctor. Depending on the circumstances of the individual, the dosage may differ. In general, patients with liver illness shouldn’t take this medication.
- A few hours after taking Motilium, avoid drugs that lower or treat stomach acid since the body needs stomach acid to absorb the medicine.
- Avoid medications that help treat stomach acid or reduce stomach acid a few hours after using Motilium, as stomach acid is used by the body to absorb Motilium.
Interactions with Other Drugs:
If you are taking drugs that include the following components, avoid using Motilium 10 mg:
- Posaconazole (used to treat fungal infections)
- Ritonavir or saquinavir (used for HIV treatment)
- Telaprevir (used to treat hepatitis C)
- Dextromethorphan or diphenhydramine (anticholinergic drugs)
- Nefazodone (antidepressant)
- Dopaminergic agonists
Storage Instructions for Domperidone Tablet 10mg:
- Keep kids out of the way so they can’t get to it.
- Medicine should be stored at room temperature.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How fast does Motilium work?
It should take Motilium between 30 minutes and an hour to begin working. Typically, the medication should be taken for seven days. After three to four days, the symptoms ought to go away.
Can Motilium prevent acid reflux?
The main component of Motilium, Domperidone, can stop gastroesophageal reflux, ensuring that the stomach contents do not go back up through the oesophagus.
Can I take Motilium during pregnancy?
If you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant, talk to your doctor before taking Motilium. Patients who are or will become pregnant are not advised to take Domperidone.
When should I take Motilium tablets?
Take this medication on an empty stomach, preferably at the same time each day.