What is Filitra 20mg?
The FDA recently authorised the novel oral drug Filitra 20mg for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension, benign prostatic hyperplasia, and erectile dysfunction. Vardenafil, a PDE5 inhibitor, is the active component in filitra professional 20 mg.
This indicates that it functions by blocking the enzyme that breaks down cGMP, which is necessary for the smooth muscles of the penis to relax. An erection results from improved blood flow to the penis as a result of this.
How Does Filitra Works?
The medication Filitra is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia, pulmonary arterial hypertension, and erectile dysfunction. Because the medication is a PDE5 inhibitor, it works by preventing the activity of the PDE5 enzyme.
The breakdown of the substance cGMP, which causes the blood arteries in the penis to relax, is carried out by this enzyme. An erection is possible when PDE5 is inhibited because this enzyme prevents the breakdown of cGMP and keeps the blood vessels in the penis relaxed.
What are the Uses of Filitra?
Filitra is a prescription medication used to treat erectile dysfunction, benign prostatic hyperplasia, and pulmonary arterial hypertension.
- Erectile Dysfunction
Filitra is used to treat erectile dysfunction, a condition in which a man is unable to get or maintain an erection. Filitra 20 vardenafil tablets relaxes the blood vessels in the penis, allowing more blood to enter the penis and resulting in an erection.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
Filitra is also used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a condition in which the prostate gland enlarges. It relaxes the muscles around the prostate and bladder, making it easier to urinate.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
Filitra is also used to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH), a condition in which the blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs is too high. It relaxes the blood vessels in the lungs, allowing blood to flow more easily and lowering blood pressure.
What are the Dosages of Filitra?
For the treatment of erectile dysfunction, 10 mg of Filitra is advised. Take this dosage around 30 minutes before engaging in sexual activity. The dosage is 5 mg for the management of benign prostatic hyperplasia. This dosage needs to be administered twice daily, the first dose in the morning and the second in the evening.
The suggested dosage of Filitra for the treatment of pulmonary arterial hypertension is 20 mg. This dosage is to be administered three times daily, the first dose in the morning, the second in the afternoon, and the third in the evening.
Side Effects of Filitra
Filitra may reduce blood supply to the eye’s optic nerve, which can result in an abrupt loss of vision. A tiny proportion of individuals taking the erectile dysfunction drug Filitra have experienced this. Whether it is the true cause of eyesight loss is unclear.
If you have abrupt vision loss in one or both of your eyes, stop taking pills and contact your doctor right once. If you experience similar symptoms of abrupt eyesight loss, stop using this medication.
Seek emergency medical treatment if you experience any of the following adverse reaction symptoms: Hives, difficulty breathing, face, lip, tongue, or neck swelling.
If you experience any of the following:
- A dizzy feeling as though you could pass out
- If your erection hurts or lasts more than four hours (prolonged erection can damage the penis)
- Visual alterations, unexpected eyesight loss,
- Ringing in the ears, or unexpected hearing loss
- Discomfort in your jaw, neck, or arm
- A heavy feeling in your chest
- Pain that travels to your arm or shoulder
- Overall malaise
Typical adverse effects of Filitra include:
- Flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling)
- Distorted vision (blurred vision, changes in colour vision)
- Bleeding or congested nose
- Muscular soreness in the back
- Uneasy stomach
- Flu-like symptoms and diarrhea
Major Advice Before Taking Filitra
Before using filitra, consider the following important advice: You shouldn’t use filitra if you have a sildenafil allergy.
Tell your doctor about any of the following to ensure if it is safe for you:
- A recent heart attack (within the last six weeks)
- Heart illness or issues with heart rhythm
- A recent history of a stroke or congestive heart failure (within the last six months)
- High or low blood pressure
- Kidney or liver disease
- Sickle cell disease (a condition affecting the red blood cells)
- Multiple myeloma (cancer of the white blood cells)
- Leukaemia (cancer of the blood cells)
- Sickle cell anaemia
- A bleeding condition like haemophilia
- Stomach ache
- Retinitis pigmentosa, a hereditary eye disease
- A penis-specific anatomic defect (such as Peyronie’s disease
- If you have been advised against having sexual activity for medical reasons
- It is unlikely that a tablet will hurt an unborn child. Inform your doctor if you are or plan to become pregnant
- It is unknown if sildenafil enters breast milk or if it can be harmful to a breastfeeding infant. It is not advisable to breastfeed while using this medication
- It is not permitted for anybody under the age of 18 to use these pills
Interactions with Filitra 20mg
When used with some drugs and other household items, Filitra pills’ effectiveness or the severity of their negative effects may decline.
To avoid adverse health effects brought on by drug interactions, talk to your doctor about the prescription and over-the-counter drugs you are taking.
Storage Instructions of Filitra
- Store Filitra at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C).
- Store away from heat, moisture, and light.
- Do not store in the bathroom.
- Keep Filitra out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Frequently asked questions about filitra 20mg
1. How does Filitra help in the case of BPH and PAH?
In the case of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, vardenafil operates on the smooth muscles of the prostate and bladder and relaxes them. This lessens the unpleasant effects.
The fragile blood arteries in the lungs are dilated to control the pressure of blood flowing through them in order to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension.
2. What may happen if the Filitra dosage is increased?
Filitra overdose can have potentially fatal adverse effects. One pill maximum should be taken every 24 hours.
3. Will Filitra function as effectively as Cialis or Viagra?
The same as with Cialis and Viagra, Filitra also works in a similar manner. Vardenafil, a phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitor, is the substance that makes tablet active. As a result, the blood vessels’ diameter is increased. This facilitates the blood’s rush to the reproductive organs and aids in achieving and maintaining a strong erection.
4. Is Filitra safe for those who have blood pressure issues?
Filitra should only be used cautiously in individuals who have hyper- or hypotension. Due to the dilatation of the blood arteries, vardenafil may suddenly lower blood pressure.
5. Can someone who takes recreational drugs take Filitra?
While you are undergoing treatment with Filitra, it is strongly encouraged that you avoid using recreational drugs. Drugs with psychotropic, hallucinogenic, or stimulant properties as well as those with nitrate content, like marijuana, may have serious negative effects.
6. If I take a Filitra pill, can I drive?
Some people may feel lightheaded after using filitra tablets. Because of this, specialists advise not driving or using heavy machinery while taking Vardenafil until you are certain of how it will affect you.